Friday, October 3, 2008

I Ate the Cake! or The Great Chocolate Cake Debacle!

It was chocolate! It was rich! It held the promise of reward.....but.....

I didn't want to eat it! I really didn't even feel tempted by it. However, I was at a Bible study at church and it was the birthday of a dear lady....a very dear and much older lady....who said to me, "Dear girl, do have a piece! For I will be perfectly grumpy at you if you don't share in a slice of my birthday cake!"

Then she winked at me.

I think it was the wink that got me. So....I ate the cake. Not all of it, but enough to make her happy and enough to give me a raging sugar headache later in the day!

It's been nearly 4 weeks (3 1/2) since I went vegetarian. Not Vegan, just Vegetarian....so the cake was perfectly acceptable. There was no meat in it. But there was a whole lotta SUGAR!!!

I haven't gone about telling ppl that I've switched to being a Vegetarian. Why? Simple - because people will assume that I'm doing it to lose weight. When ppl think you're on a 'Diet' they generally have no problems in chiding you for whatever you put close to your lips.

"Uh, uh, uh....your diet, remember?"

I simply don't need the pressure!

Anyway, I'm not doing it just to lose weight. I'm doing as part of a life makeover ~ to be healthy and fit and energetic. I want to sparkle and shine with vitality! I want to be healthy enough to enjoy my life! I want to radiate joy! I want to glow!

And if I lose weight (which I do NEED to do) that's a great benefit! The Icing on the Cake, so to speak.

In any case, I keep asking myself why I folded? Why I ate the cake when I didn't want to, when I didn't even feel tempted.....why?

I did three Green Smoothies & munched Goji Berries all day to compensate for the Chocolate Cake Debacle! I still got a sugar headache around 5pm.

Oh me, I am a mystery to myself.

Slendie
~
~

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Mystery solved - it was in deference to a birthday, and a friend, and that wink ;) Cute post!

Terri Tiffany said...

I love your cupcakes!!!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. Any diet that has no flexibility is doomed to fail. ;)

The Tigress said...

I have been there and done that. Several times. So glad to know you have discovered Green Smoothies. Aren't they great? I have pretty much given up juicing for green smoothies. So glad to know Ike didn't blow you too far off course.
Great blog!

Kasie West said...

If an old lady winks at me, I'm bound to cave. I'm a sucker for cute old ladies.
Thanks for stopping by my blog, Slendarella (love that name, btw)

Related Posts with Thumbnails